Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Veggie Lover Already?

So, we had asparagus tonight. All 3 of us! 

Well...sort of...

I let Evie gum on the end of the asparagus spear...because she was looking at me with such a mouth watering stare! And to my surprise, she LOVED it! She did it over and over! She would suck on the end til all the juice & innards came out. So cute! She didn't like rice cereal, but she likes asparagus??? I'm puzzled. 

Now, am I a bad momma for letting her try something like that so soon? I don't know when you're supposed to introduce things like that. She didn't swallow any chunks or anything; she just extracted the asparagus "essence." 

But needless to say, I'm excited that she seems to like her veggies!

3 comments:

  1. That's marvelous that she likes her veggies! I'm so bad at figuring out how to get my girls on solids that I decided it really doesn't matter what it is, if she eats it and it's not bad for her or going to make her choke, she gets it! I'm also discovering that both my girls prefer vegetables to grains, and I have a lot more success in Hannah's feedings if I mix her rice or oat cereal in with a pureed veggie of some sort. I hope your feeding experience goes smoother than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's fascinating! Maybe all babies are natural veggie lovers and we just "learn" to dislike them? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wondered the same thing. My kid's ask for more peas and get upset if someone else eats the last ones. No one's told them they aren't supposed to like them! I hope your daughter continues to be a veggie-loving fiend! ;)

    ReplyDelete