Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I have it good.

I don't think I knew JUST how much God had blessed me in Jonathan when I married him. This is, perhaps, because I didn't understand as much about the relationship between a husband and a wife. I know more now, though certainly not all. Jon is more than I deserve in a husband (though EVERY good and perfect gift from above is more than we humans deserve...thank Jesus! He has the mercy and grace to sustain us daily and love on us on top of that!). Here are just a few of the things that leave me sober and humble when I think about them.

1.) He asks to rub my shoulders after he's been working a long, hard day.
2.) He changes the first dirty diaper of the morning while I am still groaning from drowsiness in bed!
3.) He spends much of his time researching how he can better provide and protect his wife and daughter.
4.) He doesn't follow the crowd; he leads! He leads in ways that may not be socially normal but are Biblically true.
5.) He loves me when I am rather unlovable. 
6.) He encourages me to be closer to Jesus...in words and actions. 
7.) And all this helps me be a better wife! In this way, he leads in our relationship. I am so THANKFUL! 

So, I guess this post could rightly be called "bragging on my husband." I am simply just proud to be his wife. I only knew the half of it when I walked down the aisle. I am looking forward to learning more as time goes by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment