Friday, August 2, 2013

Summer and Life

These temperatures sure prove we've had our fair share of summer this year! 90 has been a pretty normal sight. But it has been pretty pleasant, surprisingly. 


The girls have made playing outside a daily habit, making rocks and sticks their playthings. They were gifted a little red wagon, which gets very good use as a boat, car, train, airplane, house, bed, etc. I have really seen their cooperative imaginative play take off this summer. I have also found outside play to be essential to mommy's enjoyment of the summer. A few peaceful moments in the trailer with my baby go a long way.


This has also been the summer of fun hair. I figure I'd better enjoy doing the girls' hair while they enjoy it. I don't know how long this phase will last. And they both have such fun hair to play with!









Grandma and Grandpa and Aunty came to visit recently, which had us seeing all the fun sites. 




Isn't this just the cutest 2 year old face??


This baby found some fun things to chew on that day...



We had dinner by a waterfall...



I sure love my family!!


And here are my little monkeys playing together. 3 little girls. Oh my. Such fun they already have!



I have a whole bunch more fun pictures of all the progress on the airstream, but they deserve a post all their own. 


4 comments:

  1. Ah Friend... I just loved this post. I can't believe all the hairdo's you've been successful with! Wow!!! Now I'm inspired - I bet my girls would enjoy a fun new 'do :-)

    I love you. Call or come visit if you need a change of scenery.

    ~mw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, my wonderful friend! I'm glad we inspired you, because I'm nearly positive it was you who inspired me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Call me "just in awe"! I have mastered the braid, and the ponytail. I'm afraid my talents lie only in those! I'm glad your girls enjoy outside life. I still have fond memories of my oldest two playing in the gravel outside my trailer window while I nursed the baby or did dishes. They are precious moments I wouldn't take back! Love you, my friend! Hope to see the rest of those pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Belle! I figure if we keep up with this trend of baby girls, I'd better be good at hair! ;)

    I keep thinking I should wait to post the airstream pics til we finish just one more project, but I need to get some up. The projects are never ending!

    ReplyDelete