Monday, August 5, 2013

Airstream Projects: the dining room

I think is my favorite project in our little silver home so far. We had been using a round hand-me-down table that was my Grandmother's. It was very 1960's and cute in a retro sort of way. But round is an extremely inefficient shape for tiny living. It was always supposed to be temporary. I'm so happy to be upgraded! 

We started by removing everything. 


Then, we repainted the floor. So far, this seems to be the best flooring for airstream living in our climate. If you put anything over the plywood floor (other than paint), you have moisture issues in the winter. We don't want a rotten floor, so this is the solution until something better presents itself. I have a few rugs here and there to cozy it up. Anyway, we painted the floor and my husband put in the frame of the table...


Here is the table top! We repurposed this from some old furniture of my parents. 


Last came the built in bench! Here is the start of it...


Our family fits so much better here!! I'm hopeful of finding two cute matching stools to fit at the table, but I will be patient until I find just the right thing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment