Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Airstream Projects: Girls' bedroom

I wish I had gotten a before picture of this project! Essentially, we took everything out of the room, painted the floor, and got to work. And when I say "we," I really mean my husband. He deserves all the credit. I merely kept the kiddos out of his way. 

Here is the rudimentary first bunk prior to adding the rail. We made it high enough to fit plenty of storage underneath. 



Here you can see just how much effort went into it! The mattress rests on a beautiful slatted frame. It was a little tedious to built with all the curves in the trailer!


Here is the finished bunk. Eventually, there will be 3 bunks in here! One thing at a time. :) As you can see, these sisters are pretty pleased!


On the other side of the room, we needed a box to enclose a bunch of utilities. Here is the start of it:


And here it is finished! I really enjoy seeing the grain in the wood. He used an oil finish. Knowing the imaginations my girlies have, I'm sure this bench will get very good use! 



You may have also noticed the curtains! I'm slowly turning out curtain after curtain. I will need 14 total. So far, I have 7. Phew! It turns out, I was able to do this sewing project inside the trailer! Here's my little sewing set up. 


I don't know how well these panoramic pictures show up, but this captures all curtains in the girls' room. 


It will be fun to see how we can fit in two more bunks! 

2 comments:

  1. That looks awesome! Everything looks so bright and cheery! And I love the curtains! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope that baby makes an entrance soon. :)

      Delete