Thursday, May 17, 2012

My job is important

Sometimes I'm still not convinced of that! Isn't that sad? I spent so much time in world...this world that tells us that women should work...this world that tells us that you're wasting your education if you don't have a career...that my spongy character soaked up the message. It's taking more than a few years to wring out my sponge and let me soak up the truth.

The truth! My babies show me every day. And I see it more as they become more in tune with their surroundings. Maybe if I didn't care what worldview they grow up with, it wouldn't matter. But I do care! They are looking all around them every waking moment for information! I am their source! That is an important job!

Hush, world!! You don't know what is important anymore! Your priorities are upside down!

I will continue to stay home with my babies. I will be there to witness every bit of it. I will be there to introduce them to Jesus. I will be there to answer their questions. I will be there. It's my job!

My sweet babies. Why would I want to be anywhere else?

2 comments:

  1. Amen and Amen!

    “God … intended it (motherhood) to be a fully committed job, not something we do on the side...[I]nstead of pursuing a career with motherhood tucked in around the edges, I have chosen to focus first on the mission of motherhood. My reward for this decision has been both simple and profound. I have been able to know the joys of mothering without a divided heart.” -- Sally Clarkson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched the video you posted by her last night and was encouraged! It seems we are in the minority in our view, but when did something being the majority view make it right? Not lately! I'm glad you're up there in Alaska thinking the same things! Your family is wonderful!

      Delete