Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Unearthing memories

We are going through a big transition in life, which means sorting through EVERYTHING! ...even the freezer!

And here is what we found! The top tier of our wedding cake. :) My mom wrapper it up for us in a zillion layers on our wedding day, so we could eat it on our first anniversary. Hahahaha! Well, 4 1/2 years later, we finally chose to enjoy it. Well, at least to unwrap it and look at it. I was holding out no hope of it actually tasting good.

But we did brave a bite! And I'm so glad we did, because it was like time travel. It was sooo good STILL! No freezer burn! It brought me right back to that wonderful day! Mmm. Chocolate cake with raspberry cream filling and a buttercream frosting. I remember going cake tasting with Jonathan when we were engaged. I remember picking out those flavors.

What a lovely memory in the midst of the chaos of picking up one's life and putting it elsewhere.

4 comments:

  1. I love this story! We tried to eat our wedding cake topper. My parents brought it up from their deep freezer and it melted along the way. Ha ha, still tasted good though. Every year for our anniversary, I order a cupcake for Andy from the shop that made our cake. I love little traditions like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, I love that tradition! I wonder if our place would ship. :)

      Delete
  2. That is really really funny friend!
    What fun :-)

    I am missing you dreadfully. Hope to visit soon?
    Love you,
    ~me

    ReplyDelete