Sunday, January 29, 2012

On the hunt...

But our prey is wise to our methods. I watched, mildly offended, as he cruised around my counters (deftly avoiding the peanut butter baited traps) and cleaned up our crumbs. Even now, I see the pesky grey head poke out from just underneath the control panel of my kitchen range, seeing if the coast is clear. Gah!! How does he know NOT to partake of the peanut butter! I was hoping to feed him his last meal.

This hunt started over an hour ago when, out of the corner of my eye, I saw him try to make a dash for the living room from the kitchen. Thankfully, I watched him peel out as he ran back around the corner and under the stove. Out came the traps! Debate about where to set them. Then the wait. A few minutes later, unaware of my presence, he snuck out from under the oven and nimbly side-stepped the traps. He cruised around a bit before I decided it wise to shoe him back under the oven.

Then we added the peanut butter, figuring "ah! We've got him now!" but noooo! He turned up his nose. Well, we have one more trick up our sleeves. I'll let you know how it turns out...

2 comments:

  1. ARRRRGH!

    You have a snooty critter there! Sheesh.
    Can't wait to hear the celebrations ringing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what your budget is for getting rid of these buggers, but we have been using these new "electronic traps" which have been the most successful out of all of the other traps and methods which we have tried recently...just some food for thought :)

    ReplyDelete