Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Greener Grass

"Grass is always greener on the other side,
The search is never over in the pastures of my mind.
Is the meaning of happiness drowning in smiles or that dreadful world I left behind?
O Lord grant the grace to accept who I am, who I am that You have designed."
- Chris Rice, "Sam's Song"

Where is that meaning of happiness? I don't find it in the peppermint chocolate cookie bars (though they being momentary delight). I don't find it in losing myself in Jane Austen novels. I don't find it in the endless fun ideas on Pinterest.

No, my heart aches and longs for so much more to fill the lonely spots. That lump in my throat doesn't go away no matter how much I try to lose myself here and there. I only find a taste of peace in God's word and His promises. My feelings may not catch up as quickly as I'd like, but my mind knows they are true, and that gives me hope. The verse below is in the context of the Lord comforting Zion. Comfort indeed, Lord. Comfort indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment