Sunday, December 18, 2011

Thankful

There are days that I give into the "woe is me" thought patterns...more than I care to admit, really. But tonight I am thankful. Thankful for my cozy warm home, my glimmering, happy Christmas tree, my sweet, healthy children, my washing machine!, my running water, the quiet snow outside, and the peace that enters my mind when I fix my thoughts on Jesus. I fret sooo easily these days. Motherhood only made that tendency in me more prevalent, but when I close my eyes and see Jesus looking back at me...into me, I am quieted. There are so many things more easily endured in his presence.

This is the perspective I seek!! I wish I attained it more often!! Instead of fretting over how hard it is to have Jon working away from home so often and the challenges that places on our parenting and our marriage, I can look into His eyes and just know that He loves me. Ahhh. Rest. In that kind of love, I KNOW He will take care of us...even work it for our good! What a calming perspective!

I sure hope that eventually I will be able to have an upward perspective the majority of the time! How many years of life and "maturity" will it take!? Lol. I'm sure it will never happen in my strength. But I hope, with a lot of help from my Lord, that it will eventually become habit to rest in His calming gaze instead of worrying all my little neurons over the trials of life!

Sigh.

I end this with my sweet Libby Faith...the little one exploring her world! ...and I quote, "...I'm just looking! Really, Mama!" uh huh. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Precious friend o' mine...
    You have the secret of success to a content and joy-filled life! I'm always adjusting my perspective too, and I'm a'lookin' forward to sharing more of our lives in person.

    love you!

    ReplyDelete