Sunday, December 11, 2011

Daddy Home!

Having Jon home is the best of times. It was pure joy to listen to my girls squeal with delight when he walked in the door lately after about a week away working! Both of them bounced up and down with arms outstretched toward him. Within seconds, they were in his arms. Within minutes, they had him on their bedroom floor reading stories. I love that he is the kind of daddy to get down there with them. They adore him!

We caught up on family time in lots of ways. Pancake breakfast. Popcorn night. Cutting down and decorating our Christmas tree. Painting on Evie's new easel. I wish it could say that we stored up enough of Daddy to last a while, but when the time comes for him to get back out there and "bring home the bacon" (as my dad used to say), we will miss him just as much as ever...maybe more!

It's been a tough year in that regard. We have been apart about 4 months out of this year total so far. It's sooo hard to be thankful that he has work when it takes him away so much, but I'm trying. I can be thankful and still miss him like crazy, right? Here's to seasons and that they are just that...seasonal. Temporary. One can hope!

Side note: can't seem to figure out why my pictures load in seemingly random order when I use the blogger app...so bear with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment