Monday, March 23, 2009

MmmmMmmm!

In an effort to give me a few more options for "indulgence" in my baby diet, I got to experimenting with ice cream last night! ...coconut milk ice cream! My oh my was the creamy, smooth texture and delicious taste welcome on my diary-free taste buds! 

At first, I was just going to freeze some sugared coconut milk, but then Jon inspired me. I put my bowl of milk in another bowl of ice and salt, and then I stirred! About 20 minutes later, I had ice cream!! It was quite delightful!



Evie is doing quite a bit better. Her skin has really cleared up well since I cut out pretty much everything yummy. ;) She still has a few small patches on her forehead, but everything else is looking great! Hoorah for cetaphil cream 4-5 times a day! It really keeps her moist. Ah, also I have been able to add eggs back in with no negative effects on Evie! That really opens up a lot of baking option. 

Things I've learned since being on the diet:

1.) Black beans do not belong in brownies. 
2.) Millet flour doesn't make very good cookies. 
3.) Rice "milk" is really just rice flavored water.
4.) Salads and potato chips are where it's at!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Jana,

    I just found a link to your site on Momma Bug's site! Too cool. :-)

    I did have another thought. (which I do on occation).

    Have you tried changing her soap? I used Dove Hypoallerginic soap on Andrew... :-P gave him a rash. I switched to Dove sinsitive skin and it stopped. You might even need to try something different for shampoo.

    Anyhooo, Cetaphil aslo has a gentle skin Cleanser, that I use on Jonathan (My Jonathan, 4 years old... You know what! I think we may have to come up with some sort of code, so that I don't embaress your Jonathan with a comment like that, some time. Hmmmm. How about if I call my Jonathan, J.P.? does that work?). I use it on J.P. for both body soap and shampoo. It's not a deep cleanser but babies don't really get all sweaty that often. :-)

    Anyway, just a thought!

    I am afraid I don't have any great idea's on diet changes. I am just as fond of diary as you. :-)

    Feel free to write/ask questions anytime. Please don't be offened by my suggestions. Take them with a grain of salt (hey, I don't think I mixed my medifore, amazing). That is my way of helping. If you ever need just a listening ear without suggestions, feel free to say so.

    I hope and pray you are having a WONDERFUL DAY.

    ~Heather

    Ps. I would assume with Jonathan in your resedance you don't have any plug-in's. But that would be a thing to get rid of too.

    Pss. If you can't tell, ha ha. I can't spell. Sorry about that. :-) ~H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heather. I appreciate the helpful hints! It really is helpful to hear what others have tried!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that must have been a lot of stirring! Looks good though. I'm happy to hear that Evie is doing better! It makes me think we should try some diet changes here. Karl used to be a dairy farmer, so going without milk will be a had sell for him (even if he's not the one who has to do it) but if it would help our girls be healthy, he might be willing to give it a try. I hope things continue to improve for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go on the coconut ice cream!!!
    Everything yummy is right - and what is the story with the black beans? Sounds like a good one;-)
    Better get the kind of Potato chips you like. It sounds like you deserve them!!:-P

    Love ya!
    -me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm....Classic BBQ Kettle chips are quite yummy. :) Jon has been spoiling me with whatever kind of goodies I can actually have! We just got vanilla meringues from Trader Joe's. Not bad at all!

    Ah, yes, black bean brownies. Turned out to be black bean mush! ...that sort of tasted like chocolate. Black beans, cocoa powder, applesauce, sugar, and oil into the blender, then into the pan and the oven (which pretty much just warmed up the mush...) I tried the recipe because it got rave reviews, but I've decided all the reviewers must not have had REAL brownies in years! Thus, they were satisfied with a very strange replacement! Got to keep those brownie standards high! ;)

    Shauna, dairy really seems to be the trouble for Evie, so I would have LOTS of empathy for you if you decide to try cutting it out! Jon eats ice cream in the kitchen where I can't see... :)

    ReplyDelete