Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Is dairy the culprit?

Well, I had been off of dairy for about 10 days when my mom made us a delightful dinner of spinach & cheese lasagna. Oh, BOY, did I enjoy it. Mmm, the cheesy, creamy goodness! Did I mention I LOVE dairy? 

24 hours later, Evie had a new outbreak of her rash on her belly, and it was much worse on her legs. It looked like tiny, tiny little red pimples all over her belly. It doesn't seem to bother her at all. In fact, she's her usual smiley self. The only other thing is that she has also been spitting up a LOT more since the dairy extravaganza (hmmm, did I mention that I also indulged in mint moose tracks ice cream that night?). 

But I am still a little perplexed. Her forehead and cheek rash seems to be a lot better. And then there's the added complexity of soy. I added soy into my diet when I cut out dairy and then learned that kiddos that are sensitive to dairy are often sensitive to soy. 

hmmmm...

There may be a trip to the doctor in our future. 

Meanwhile, it's farewell to all things from my friend the cow! :( (And I'm still off wheat and eggs, just in case...)

4 comments:

  1. I don't know how you can give up dairy! But I guess a mama will do a lot for her daughter. I've recently had to cut back on the cheese because of the saturated fat. But I'd LOVE to have spinach and cheese lasagna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been quite sad...rice milk is NOT the same. :) Ah, cheese is one of my favorite dairy items! Tillamock cheddar. Mmm... talking about it is still fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I didn't know you were a blogger! You are a secret keeper;-)

    I must thank you Jana, for the lovely time in your home, and with your family. Your delicious meals, and generous hospitality! I was blessed by every great and tiny bit. Thank you!

    If you are at my blog, click on the link to The Life and Times of Jess. Jess is new friend in Tasmania. She just had number four, and has been talking a lot about dealing with eczema. You might pick her brain. ( I like to do as much brain-picking as possible).
    I hope you get so enjoy some of those things you are missing soon!

    Love you,
    Analene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Analene! I checked out Jess's blog and sent her a message. I'll take all the opinions I can get!

    And you're welcome! It was so much fun to have you here!

    (In my defense, I haven't been a blogger for very long ;)

    ReplyDelete