Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Busy Mind

I sure have a lot on my mind. 

1.) Evie seems to be sleeping a lot. Is she just going through a growth spurt? 
2.) Where are we going to be living in a week and a half?
3.) Are we going to move this year?
4.) Am I ever going to work as a nurse again?
5.) How will I handle more children?
6.) My head still hurts.
7.) Am I pleasing God with my life?



Here we are on our last big moving day. Boy, was that a big job! ...Even AFTER the garage sale to get rid of extra stuff. I was about 3 months pregnant there. Ironically, now Evie is 3 months old, and we're about to move again. So many changes seem to happen in early marriage. They call getting married "settling down." It seems to me that Jon and I getting married stirred things up! We've been all over the place since then. I will be so thankful when we settle down, and we make a home in one spot long term. 

But I guess longing for the next season is the opposite of having a content and thankful heart. 

What is there to be thankful for about this season?
...no morgage.
...get to see my husband more than most wives!
...Evelyn Grace is so small and adorable.
...we're all healthy!
...we have a safe, warm place to live. 
...I am not working nights!
...We live close to lots of family. 

Yes, there is lots to be thankful for. Yet, I can't help but think about the uncertainty of this time of life. God, help me keep my eyes on You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment