Friday, February 13, 2009

Forgiveness

Oh my Lord. I am so in need of Him. Daily. But today especially. 

Father, Help me walk in the forgiveness You gave me that I may walk in the forgiveness I want to give to others. Thank You for Your beautiful, cleansing blood that washes us pure in Your sight! Thank You for being so close to me when I truly ne
ed Your presence. Thank You for the gift of my husband, who You knew would be just perfect for me in every aspect. Thank You for also gifting us with things we don't deserve.

Here's one thing that gets me. It's a lie from the enemy of our souls. He likes to tell us that we don't deserve the blessings of the Lord because of our sin. Once again, He twists the truth! If Jesus didn't take all our sin on himself, then that would be true. But He did! And we stand pure in His sight! We even stand pure when we sin again on this earth, because Jesus didn't just die for all the sins we had committed up until the point of our salvation; He died for every sin we will ever commit! The Lord blesses us out of His goodness and mercy. He blesses His children, who have been forgiven because of His Son. 

We often struggle to know this is true deep down in our core however. We struggle to feel worthy of God's blessings, let alone his forgiveness. I wish this wasn't the case. I wish we could walk in the whole truth of His word every day. 

Here is one blessing of mine, asleep on the couch next to me this morning. Thank You, LORD, for this girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment