Saturday, May 23, 2009

Chocolate Pudding!

I admit, I am writing this while licking out the bowl!

So, Jon & I have been trying to avoid refined sugar as of late. Lately, we've been greatly missing dessert! This morning, I got desperate and altered a chocolate pudding recipe to my liking. Here it is...

2/3 cup Honey (or if you're trying to be really good...1/2 tsp Stevia extract powder)
3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/8 tsp salt
2 3/4 cup milk
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp hazelnut extract

1. Mix honey, cocoa, cornstarch, salt, and milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to boil and cook til the mixture will coat the back of a metal spoon. 
2. Mix in butter, vanilla & hazelnut extracts.
3. Serve warm or chill.
 
Yum!!

Oh, also! I recently met a woman who is on a gluten free, dairy free, sugar free diet. (poor woman!!) When I was dealing with Evie's allergy issues, I was on a similar diet. She took pity on me and shared her fudge recipe with me. Surprisingly, it was quite good. So here's that one too...

"Sugar-free Fudge"

1 Cup coconut oil
3/4 Cup cocoa powder
1/4 Cup honey
1/4 Cup almond butter

1. Melt 30-60 seconds in the microwave. 
2. Pour into bread pan. (It's best when the fudge is about 1/4 inch thick.)
3. Chill, serve cold. (The coconut oil will melt at room temperature.)

No comments:

Post a Comment